Harris Fowler is a leading personal injury law firm. This role sits within our administrative team, who are pivotal to the success of the firm. The successful candidate will support the Archiving Administrator, the wider Administrative team and the organisation with a variety of support tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, Postroom duties, general maintenance duties, filing and photocopying.
An administration background would be ideal, supported by a visible commitment to helping others and being part of the team. There is a significant amount of manual handling required within this job, as most archiving boxes average 16kg in weight.
- Postroom duties, including incoming and outgoing post, scanning and distribution of post.
- Printing and photocopying duties, to include collation of legal documentation and court bundles
- Assisting the Archiving Administrator to manage the effective storage, archiving and retrieval of files at both head office and a number of storage units in the local area
- To assist in the care and preservation of archive collections and maintain good order in the storage units.
- Make effective use of IT systems, specifically excel and the case management system.
- Support the Practice with adhoc tasks such as setting up meeting rooms, delivering stationary, photocopying and filing and other general maintenance tasks as required.
- A team player who is flexible and dedicated.
- Self motivated
- Experience of filing, organising, searching and retrieval of information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to undertake manual handling tasks to include lifting boxes above shoulder height
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience in undertaking general building maintenance is preferred but not essential.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be requested to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
How To Apply:
Please send letters of application detailing your relevant experience and a copy of your CV to:-
Gemma Beattie – HR Manager
Harris Fowler Solicitors
6-7 Hammet Street