Care Worker Injuries
Being a care assistant, care worker or working within the care industry can be a very physically demanding job with lifting and mobility playing a large role. If you work in the care industry and have suffered an injury at work which wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury as well as for anytime off of work you have had as a result.
Types of Care Worker Accidents and Injuries
As a care worker you will probably foresee possible injuries that may be sustained at work are very varied. At Harris Fowler we know that no one care worker injury is the same that’s why we treat each case individually and with the attention to detail it deserves. Below are just some of the more common injuries and accidents that can occur:
- Back injury sustained through lifting as a result of insufficient manual handling training.
- Slips or trips in the work place.
- Injuries caused by needles can sometimes occur in an environment where medication is distributed and used on a regular basis.
- Burn and scalding injuries are common injuries seen by those care workers who are responsible for preparing food and drink for residents.
- Unfortunately physical assaults can also take place in a care or nursing home.
Care Worker Employment and Accidents at Work
The law requires that every employer has necessary health and safety procedures in place to try and avoid its employees sustaining injury. If you are able to show that your employer has failed to follow these procedures and this has contributed to your injury, you could be eligible to claim. These procedures include:
- Providing a safe work environment
- Providing Personal Protective Clothing (PPE)
- Administering risk assessments on a regular basis
- Providing appropriate training
- Making sure that equipment used by employees is maintained properly.
As employers have a legal obligation to have sufficient insurance in place to cover accidents at work, your claim will usually be dealt with by the employer’s insurance company which usually means that the terms of your employment will not be affected.
No win no fee, with no hidden extras
After an injury, it can feel like your life has been turned upside down. It’s stressful. But your personal injury claim shouldn’t be. At Harris Fowler, when we say ‘no win no fee’ we mean it – no hidden extras, no unexpected charges, no asking for money as the case progresses. You focus on getting better; we’ll deal with the rest
We pride ourselves on being able to arrange and obtain funding for the best treatment available until you are fit enough to return to work. At Harris Fowler, we have an excellent track record of working closely with case managers with a view to rebuilding the lives of our clients who have suffered serious and life-changing injuries. We know from experience that early intervention by medical and vocational specialists in the rehabilitation process leads to better outcomes, making a return to work more likely.
All you have to do is call our Freephone number 0800 213214 and talk to one of our friendly legal advisors.
*Cases issued and finished between 01.01.16 and 31.12.16