Harris Fowler is a highly respected Personal Injury firm. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and driven legal professional to join our team. The successful candidate will support our Practice Director and our Compliance Lawyer, carrying out an array of duties to support the firm in maintaining our legal and regulatory requirements. The perfect candidate will have a legal background, and can evidence a proactive, helpful approach to a supporting role.
- Maintain and update the relevant Compliance software to help the firm maintain their legal and regulatory requirements, such as SRA, AML, Anti-bribery, and GDPR.
- Collation of information and submission of data relating to law firm legal and regulatory requirements, such as SRA and professional indemnity insurance.
- Undertake regular monitoring of clients files, to ensure compliance with internal and external processes – such as residual balances, outstanding payments, and take necessary steps to remedy any issues.
- Maintain, log and administer accurate records of all proposed aborts of client files, and ensure they are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Administer the firms critical date’s system, liaising with Fee Earners as required.
- Recording, reviewing and monitoring the undertakings register and preparing files for transfer as required.
- General administrative duties, filing, updating/ maintaining databases and spreadsheets.
- Legal qualification/experience preferable
- A demonstrable understanding of legal documentation/ legal compliance processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be requested to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
How To Apply:
Please send letters of application detailing your relevant experience and a copy of your CV to:-
Gemma Beattie – HR Manager
Harris Fowler Solicitors
6-7 Hammet Street