This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Assistant to join the IT Department within our innovative firm of Solicitors. The successful applicant will provide support and back up to the current department with regards to IT issues within the business. The IT Assistant will be trained to undertake a variety of tasks in order to gain all round experience within a small IT Department.
This is a fixed term contract up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.
- To assist the IT Department on a daily basis and provide assistance with software and hardware issues as necessary;
- Provide day to day 1st line support to all users within the firm, offering them support and guidance in the use of our operating systems and associated software;
- Developing skills and knowledge in various areas of IT;
- Supporting the preparation, maintenance and refurbishment of equipment undertaken by the department;
- Assist with the development and testing of the company’s case management software where required;
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as and when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good computer literacy;
- Confidence in using MS operating systems and MS Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to troubleshoot;
- Enthusiasm to learn new systems and skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Understanding of a range of IT software and hardware.
- Ability to use other OS’s such as OSX also mobile OS’s such as iOS and Android.
How to apply
If you would like to send in your CV for consideration please send letters of application detailing your relevant experience, which positon you are applying for, and a copy of your CV to Gemma Beattie, HR Manager:-
Or by post:
Harris Fowler Solicitors
6-7 Hammet Street