Legal Secretaries are an essential part of the fee earning process within the firm. Most secretaries work on a one-to-one basis with their Fee Earners, or within a small team which may also consist of a Legal Assistant. Secretaries not only provide administrative and typing support, but are very much seen as members of the legal team and provide excellent levels of service to our clients, business partners and other teams and individuals within the business.
- Produce a variety of documents from audio/ digital dictation and other instruction as directed by the fee earner
- Collation and pagination of documents
- Deal accurately with filing and in a timely manner, including the storage and retrieval of client files in line with the practices filing system.
- Make effective use of IT systems, specifically word, excel and the case management system VisualFiles.
- Take and record accurate messages and pass on to the appropriate person and without unnecessary delay.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner.
- Keep others informed of workload and capacity.
- Archiving and retrieval of files from storage when required.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.30
- Experienced audio typist with excellent typing skills in excess of 70 WPM.
- A team player who is flexible and dedicated.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Knowledge/experience of PI process and/or medical terminology
How To Apply:
Please send letters of application detailing your relevant experience and a copy of your CV to:-
Gemma Beattie – HR Manager
Harris Fowler Solicitors
6-7 Hammet Street